Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts with the label money

Financial Planning For Youth

When you are young and earning reasonably more, spending becomes an inescapable habit. There is no brake that can stop your consumerism from growing bigger when you have a credit card! Well, ‘financial discipline’ is the first condition for happy living and enjoying a tension-free, stress-free life. I thought I must show the ideal way with a few handy tips.


Life Without Money (24 Hours x 29 Days x 60 Months)

I know the title create some ambiguity around its meaning. Here’s the story: the author was a medical student studying at Surat during 1969-1974. Being an offspring of a middle-class family, all his parents could send him every month was Rs. 100 (One hundred). No doubt, this was more than 25% of his father’s salary and the rest 75% was to be spent by remaining nine members of the family. So, I used to receive Rs. 100 by MT (money transfer) at Bank of Baroda, Vanita Vishram (Surat) branch. Now this amount was exhausted in total on day one itself – so the remaining 29 days of the month had to be spent without any money – ‘zero balance’ stage, for all five years of the under graduation. This makes the story titled "Life without money - 24 hours x 29 days x 60 months"!


Credit Cards – Boon or Curse?

Are credit cards a BOON? – YES.
Are credit cards a CURSE? – YES.

You may be surprised reading this answer to these questions appearing rather simple. But the exercise of this article is to compare the advantages and drawbacks of credit cards after understanding the issues relating to it and finally, deciding where the truth lies.

Is Enough Money, Money Enough?

Money. How much is enough? Present time has created an impression that more the money more the happiness. Poverty makes a person inferior in this society, however clever, intelligent, honest and hardworking he or she may be. So, the young generation of the day has clear idea of being rich by earning more and earning at the earliest. So the question arises, how much money is enough money? Before giving the clear cut answer as I am certainly going to do – I would like to tell you the evolution of money.

Happiness

One has to earn enough to realise that money cannot buy happiness. First you have to reach the stage of needful money earning - that is a must.

So, the poor cannot realise this fact!

Expenditure

If spending money makes you angry, irritable, tense or unhappy, it is a sign showing your income is less than your own capacity to earn.You know your earning level, but your attempts need more sincerity and planning.

Ideal Wedding Gift

What is the ideal amount to be given with 'blessings' at the time of someone's wedding? 101.. 151.. 251... 501 or more?




No amount is OK... Ideal is zero!

Your relationship is priceless... no need of being pseudo-formal.




Money, at 60

Continued from: I, at 60 and Relationship, at 60.


If a person is ready to live simple life in old age with minimum needs, any savings one has done is enough. Generally, all at 60 and beyond feel whatever one has earned is very little – one has missed the chance to earn. When I graduated my MBBS in 1974, all were leaving for the US. I opted for serving my motherland India and my parents; today I have no regrets for the decision. If serving the poor with full dedication is considered balance, I have earned it at maximum. If poor appreciation is an issue, I suggest to bother about Karmic theory of results and remain aloof.