For those who do not learn from history, history teaches them a lesson at a great cost.We - the Indians - neither create history nor read history; and so writing the history is far from even dreaming of. Therefore, more often than not, we became silent spectators and slaves praising the people who made marks in history. History is repeated every often because we never read it and so never lean anything whatsoever. We do not have record of history beyond 2000 years, because we never found it worth writing and keeping a record of. No wonder, books of history give us their view point – biased – written by either Mughals as Babarnama, British or Chinese student Hu-En-Sang. It was not before 1000 years that Indian scholar Acharya Hemchandra wrote Siddh-Hem telling total history of the said period of Kind Siddhraj Jaisinh rule. Again, blackout occurred.
Before coming to what went wrong in our history, I must briefly explain how politics in India evolved.
Evolution of politics in India:
- Gan Rajya: 2600 years back, we had Gan Rajya where state was ruled by group of people elected by public. The King was elected out of them. So there was no birth-right that made any one a King. In this system, corruption and in-fighting started. Ultimately inheritance and birth-right led to becoming King.
- Brahmins: Now, I should tell you about Brahmins who invented the caste-system in the Vedic period. They divided total population in four groups according to profession. Brahmin, Kshatriya, Vaishya and Sudra. The fourth in the series – Sudra – was asked to do service as a servant. Initially, caste-system was on the basis of the work done by individual and not on the basis of inheritance, which later on turned to birth. The caste-system made a class of superior and inferior human. Insulting and inhuman mannerism of untouchability entered. Bhagwan Mahaveer in Jainism and Buddha in Buddhism corrected this telling all men are same.
- Kings: In Magadha Kingdom, first even big state having 80,000 villages king Bimbisar ruled as one belonging to Shishunag dynasty. He was killed by his san Ajatsatru who ruled as a king. Similarly, all six kings were killed by their sons to become king earlier. Seeing all this non-sense killings, people got fed up. They installed one minister as King. The last King in this dynasty Dhananad insulted his minister – Chanakya. Chanakya (321 BC) found out Chandragupta Mourya (321 BC – 296 BC) and became his advisor, guide and mentor. Chandragupta became the king of Patliputra (Patna). Chanakya said, if the King is industrious – hard working – people of his rein will be so.
- Jaichand: in 1192, Jaichand alias Jaichandra Rathod of Kannauj invited Mohammed Ghori; went to his camp to tell war-plans of Prithviraj and secrets of their army. Invader Mohammed Ghori easily won the battle. Poor India then became Islamic nation in no time.
- Mir Jafar: In 1757, Mohammed Jafar Ali Khan Bahadur (Mir Jafar) – then chief of army in Nawab Siraj-Ud-Daula of Bengal rule – had lust and ambition to become Nawab. He became traitor and did breach of trust in war of Plasi. So company head British Robert Clive won the battle and established British rule over India in no time to pass.
We are always divided and those two segments never unit – I am talking about,
- Caste: Hindu higher caste and Hindy lower caste of Harijans.
- Religion: Hindu, Muslim, Christian, etc.
- Economic groups: Rich – higher income group and Poor – meagre or low income group.
- Qualification: Highly qualified and illiterate.
- Gender: Male and female.
Why independent India is ruled by a single family?
All this detailed explanation telling about our mentality – psychology – of being impressed by non-Indians – foreigners, especially one having less darker skin colour, leads to conclusion that we can easily be ruled by others. I am not going to the extreme of telling we can easily be made slaves. So, present day rule of congress led by Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi is no exception to this. Single family birth-right rule fits in the past and their dominance on the total Indian public is just natural.
Well, do I want learn something from the History? As expected, if negative answer follows, we are born to live as slaves and second grade citizen in our own country - if not Moghals or British as in past – Americans, Russians or any who want to dominate us. We are hard worker, intelligent and great administrators. What will act is will to learn art of self-respect and self-discipline. Why should I feel inferior? Why should I ask anyone (say Americans) about policies of our nation? If this will continue, dominance by all around like Americans, Pakistanis or Chinese or any is not far to fetch.
Who can help us? Nobody? Oneself? I don’t know. You tell me...
Image source: our-india.com